• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New to the Area, looking to meet new people, and do some golfing!!

bigbee13

Hello, My family and I moved here at the end of February. We moved here from Pennsylvania, no family or friends. We really love it so far and are trying to make some friends and get used to everything that MN has to offer. We both work at St. joseph's hospital, wife in the ICU and I work in the ER.

I would like to really get out and do some golfing. Wife does not golf and children which are younger are not really into it either. I would like to get some inside info from some local golfers and maybe get to go out and play some rounds if anyone is looking for an extra person. I thought I would try this board to see what happens. Would like to meet some people and make some friends here.

As for my ability, I would say right now that I am rusty, as have not hit a ball since july last year. 2 years ago I was low 80's High 70's on my better days.

Let me know if anyone is up to showing a new resident around any courses.

Thanks in advance

Hey bigbee, I would have no problem playing a few rounds with you but I only get down to the cities a few days a week now so don't play much in the city anymore.

One suggestion I can give you is just show up at a course and try to get on. They will almost always set you up with someone and without fail they have always been good people. Golfers are allot like fisherman mostly all good people willing to except others. One course I would suggest is Columbia. It is right in the city up 65 (central ave.) so it should be real close for you. It is also a fairly nice course and there are always singles and doubles you can hook up with.

Keep you head down!

fishorgolf, thanks for the response. I actually live in White Bear Lake, and I have no problem doing a little traveling, so sometime this season will have to get together for a round or two.

I figured I would have to just go to some courses and try and get paired up with a person or two. I have found out that either fishing or golfing, does not matter the people are usually friendly and you end meeting some nice people. I will have to check out columbia.

Thanks again!

Welcome to Mn. Bigbee13, There are alot of great places to golf and or fish around here. I usually shoot in the high seventies or low eighties...........but if it gets any warmer then that I stay inside:) Right in your area you have Keller, Oneka, Tanners Brook, Chominoix, Oak Glen, Applewood, St. Croix national just to name a few courses all within a 1/2 hour or lees from White Bear. I'm sure there are many more but those are just the public courses that I could come up with off the top of my head.

Tunrevir~