• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LakeMaster PC maps help needed

goose89

Question

I previously used LM on my PC to study lakes, make maps and transfer GPS points, ect... Since I got an iFinder H2O and more recently, a GPS / sonar combo in my boat, and haven't used the PC software for a couple years.

I also recently got a laptop w/ Windows Vista since the old PC "died." I wasn't too surprised I wasn't able to get any of my 3 old LM disks (Mille Lacs, Minnetonka and an Upgrade disk from 2004) to load up. I was surprised shocked when I went to the LakeMaster site to order a new disk, and saw that they are NOT WINDOWS VISTA COMPATIBLE. cry

Any suggestions or ways "around" this?? I'd like to start transferring waypoints / trails, ect. back and forth again, but not sure if I can the way I'm set up now. Any help appreciated in advance.

goose

2 answers to this question

We are all waiting patiently for the vista patch! Some of us for over a year. whistle

Navionics has come out with some PC software that is vista compatible. I have not tried it yet myself but it sounds like a pretty good deal. For $19.99 you get the software and 1 free HD download. Then you buy additional HD maps as you need them.

For sure check out this thread in the sponsor forum before you buy anything.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ub...PC_#Post1315496

I will be picking one up soon.

I love Lakemaster, but I think their development is a little slow. They should consider hiring more people, or they will risk losing more market share to Navionics.

I'm still waiting for a detailed upgrade to Kabetogama. They don't have it, but Navionics does.

Who do you think will be the first to offer one for Namakan? And guess who offers an upgrade trade-in program for your old chip? Not Lakemaster frown