• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

carp on the fly

Fished the Upper Otter Tail again today in search of more shorthead redhorse and white suckers.

shrxj2.jpg

Battled this guy for 25 minutes. Caught on a size eight pheasant tail nymph on 2X tippet.

copstandingzoomwc5.jpg

coppose3jx8.jpg

copposenq7.jpg

full story posted on my blog.

deadhead you ever fish the Sauk? Canoed it from lake Osakis downstream for work last week, it was loaded with huge suckers and some nice carp. Very clear in the headwaters, would be very fun sight fishing

I was out today looking for a weed line to throw some jigs and crankbait at. Just my luck I couldn't find a weed line in the entire lake. I worked a drop off in the 12' range, notta thing. So I moved in shallow to see if I could find some Carp. Boy did I! Carp and Big mouth Buffalo. All were around 20lbs. No crawlers or flys. I threw every thing I had. Notta thing. Bass opener is saturday and I'm thinking CARP!!!!!!!!!!!!