• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mercury 125 hp 2 plus 2

Hi, I have question for anyone of knowledge of this motor. I just bought it this winter and was wondering if they are a rough sounding and runnig motor in the mid range and then later at the high range. Sounds to me like its missing on the timing. I put some Merc Kwik Kleen in this weekend to try to clean it up but probably didn't run more than 5gallons of gas through the engine. Any thoughts or ideas or observations of this motor would be appreicaited(sp).

I have the 2004 125 2+2 and mine doesnt sound rough at high range.

Usually when you gun it from the start there will be a pause while 2 cylynders clean out then it should run smooth.The first 2 times out this year it did seem to miss at about 2000 rpm but smoothed out after i put new gas in it.I only run premium in mine

I was thinking premo might help, mines an '04 also, it does have some oil residue on the front down by the steering mechanism that is from previous use, cause its doesn't look fresh, is this normal?

where on the front? mine has some by the steering rod but that is from the zirk( spelling)? fitting that is there it seems to ooze out on the rod and splatter a bit.

mine also has drips on the transom from it.I like to keep it well lubed so thats expected.if it gets real bad,I will spray some carb cleaner on it to clean the rod and other areas grease has gotten on to then lightly coat the rod with some water proof grease and hit the zirk fitting again