• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Streams for Brookies?

The_Lee

What are some streams in SE MN that have good brook trout populations? Or should I say streams where I may have a chance of catching one?

You know, I have used the maps to try to find some good brookie streams last year, but I found them too illusive. I am looking for advice on streams that may give me a little better chance.

those small crystal clear streams are tough for fishing, you gotta be real stealthy. can be some big brookies in there but you'd never know it if you didn't use the utmost caution and make all the right casts the first time!

goblueM, is there any specific stream you could recommend? I am not looking for any specific spots, just some streams I could try.

for brookies? Don't particularly target them, and a lot of the streams I have fished don't even have names. In the last year, I fished Spring Creek, which was small water but has nice brookies, I also know Beaver Creek has a decent population. Best think I can say is get the SE MN trout guide, they have the species, whether they are wild, and where the creeks are. Pick out some that look nice and go exploring