• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Optimax Alarm?

Optimax Man

Anybody out there know much about alarms. I have a 2002 Optimax 135 and occassionally the alarm will start buzzing. It typically happens when I am motoring quite slowly in gear (trolling). If I shut the motor off and re-start it the alarm goes away. It has never gone off while I am cruising across the lake or while in neutral. Some trips to the lake it never goes off, but tonight it went off three times? I did change my fuel filter this year because I thought that might be the issue. I had a little bit of trouble early last season as well. Could old gas be the issue? Any ideas would be appreciated.

It could be letting you know its running hot. Check to make sure there is no blockage to water inlet.The faster you go the more circulation you get thats why you probly dont get warning at higher speeds.Being a newer moter the impeller could be fine but its smoething else to check.

I had the same problem with my 125. had it checked out at crystal pierz and found out it was running hot at troll speed. They found some junk restricting water flow at low pressure but at higher rpm's it was fine.now my stream is same at idle as it is at full speed,where before low speed water would just sputter out. alarm hasn't gone off since.