Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
18 inch Crappie

Water in Deck footings

5 posts in this topic

Just put in 4 15" x 48" deep holes last night and today they are full of water from the ground. Anyone run into this and how to fix it to get the city to ok my footings?

I ran into the same problem a while back. All I had to do is pump out the hole so the inpector could verify the depdth and width. It was ok if water filled up after he inspected it the cement would displace the water. we had a lot of footings and they were rather large so we had a septic service come and pump them out.

A sump pump should work for pumping out water set pump on something so it isnt pumping mud you may want to dig out deeper than fill to propper depth with cours gavel and tamp tightly

If its a decent inspector and you dont have alot of holes He'll just check depth with a rake,shovel??Handle,Knowing Home owners probably dont own all the nice tools such as a sump pump that handles larger particulates.

good point Sparcebag I was doing three season porch for a construction company at the time

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• The US doesn't have state controlled media at all. Well, didn't have. Now we have Bannon and Breitbart in the White House, and of course at Trump's press conference there was only a single reserved seat: front and center for Breitbart.   As far as psychological manipulation: you are subjected to it daily, but usually for commercial purposes. You can easily go the whole day without seeing anything politics related, but good look avoiding advertising for a day.
    • Worst buy I ever bought. I sold it the next week. I like 13 products but not this line of products
    • jobs and better paying jobs.   that's about it for me.  Sure there are some perks, but I'd give it up in a second if I could come close to matching my income in Grand Rapids. What sort of field are you in?   Anymore it's all indeed, monster, or some sort of online service.  Maybe a recruiter can place you in something, but it might be a sucky job.  I went to a recruiter a few years ago and they could put me a job in a few days, but it was sort of on the edge of my field and the job sucked.  Still, if I was in a pinch, I'd do that in a heartbeat over sacking groceries.   Nobody reads the newspaper and C-list is for sex work and scams.
    • Thanks for the advice, we do know the areas that we like have liked in the past. Cities is a vague reference as most people up here call everywhere down there the cities. We would be looking at the west metro area or nw suburb area.   Job on is the big thing right now ideally my wife could take a few years off to raise our boys as typically the "cities" pay is more than up here.. I have been looking but what is the best way? Indeed? Newspaper? Clist?   We we are a good distance in a way but we are close to our families. When we get company we get them for 3 solid days. Also once we had our twins it was more so they could see there cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents more often than 1-2 times a year.
    • The gdp is right around 18 Trillion Dollars.   Ten years of that, including even a little nominal growth is north of $200 Trillion.   So you are talking about 4.5% over ten years.     And that is assuming that these economists are able to forecast accurately.   We had other economists telling us about the "multiplier" where a dollar of government spending increased GDP by way more than a dollar.     I didn't believe them either.   
  • Our Sponsors