• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Messed up at launch, need motor help.

Sandmannd

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't tell if the lower transom is bent but it looks like it isn't. They might have to remove the splash well to get in there. though. Its just a matter if you want it to look like new or just enough to not soak your leg.

Looks like you've been been working in a rock garden with the prop too. You can have the prop fixed at the the same time you have the skeg done.

I'll probably take the prop in. I doubt the insurance will cover that at all. I would like it to be good as new. After all, isn't that why we all have insurance. I don't want it jimmy rigged, I want it to last long turm.

Thanks John. Got a call from the adjuster and he said to take it in and he will work with them. Dropped it off at a place up in Wyoming on a recomendation from Nelson Marine. Guy said his first look it's probably around $2500 in damage. Said he sees about 100 of these a year that get dropped from the trailer.

Hey Sandmannd, hope everything goes well with the repair. I cringed when I saw the pics you posted because I have the same boat.

My first time out with the rig, my inexperienced fishing buddy didn't engage the winch ratchet after we loaded the boat. I pulled up the ramp and the boat slid down the trailer about 2 feet. I was lucky it was a bunk trailer or I'd be having the same repair done.

I have a friend with a 1750 Fishhawk and it happened to him. It smashed the area near the drain plug. He never got it fixed and now it leaks a little.

Thanks WIWF. It sucks, but I had to go out of town for a wedding this weekend anyway. Staying at a resort and the wife won't let me fish (I did sneak a barbie pole and light tackle "for the kid" to fish a little). Got it in like I said before and got a call from the adjuster. He said some of the hours they wanted to charge were ify (2hours to take boat of trailer and 1 hour to mix paint) but he approved it. It's $3068.79 to fix it all. Thanks for insurance though. I think the boat will be under my guidence from now on. At least if it gets messed up it will be all on me. cool

Croixflats, I got your email, but it moved fast once I got the claim in. I put the claim in Wed afternoon and boat was in the shop by Thursday. I hope I can get it back next week. I really want to try out the river after being out with Turk on Tuesday. If I don't get it back I'll have to look on here and see if I can hitch a ride. wink

Sandmannd Be cool try a center council boston whaler.

Yeah, why aren't this rigs popular here? Seems like with all the big water they would work well, though I've not seen one with a bow mount trolling motor attached. Maybe they couldn't be set up to be as versatile as a multi-species rig is.

I go through American Family and have a $500 deductible. Not huge, but it's still a chunk I didn't have handy. But I can't go without a boat so there ya go. This is the second boat I've had a problem with. They totaled out my first one and were very easy to deal with. This one was no trouble. Called in my claim, next day the call and say take it where you want, day after that they were at the shop and approved it. Moved very fast.

Croixflats, thanks for the offer. I blasted ya an email this morning.

Would be nice if they did loaners, but they don't.

Sandmannd, who do you have your boat insurance through? Is there a high deductible?

If you're pondering boat insurance I don't think it would be a bad idea, and make more sense the newer and bigger your boat is - too many submerged dead heads, people who like to borrow parts off your boat, etc to overlook it.

Also check out Allstate who sponsors this forum...

marine_man

Got a call from the shop today. They are coming along well with it so far. They took the gas tank out and saw nothing that shows it was leaking. Not sure how that much water got in there, they say maybe through vents. They said they did notice a problem that the trolling batteries were loose. I guess I haven't paid attention to them since I've had it. Anyway, one was up against the boat and shorting out. I guess this would explain why my batteries drain in 3 hours instead of the 8 they usually last????

Won't get the girl back till Tuesday at the earliest. crazy Was kinda hoping to get out on the water this weekend, but I'd rather have the job done well.