• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Holly garage sale batman!!!

I am holding my first "solo" garage sale this weekend consolidating 10 years "away from home", 5 years of marriage and 4 years of baby clothes and toys. So far it has been unreal the amount of people comming in and tossing $$$$ around. Baby stuff went well, and I sold most all of the ex's stuff. She had over a year to come get it so I sold it.

Is it just because of the cold spring or what? The only hunting or fishing stuff left is a cat quiver and a bowfishing set up. Good god they just wont stop. People are trying to buy the tables stuff is sitting on!!! Or the trailer hooked to the truck. crazy Some theft, but that will happen.

Any one else having a good garage sale season? Either as a buyer or a seller?

I will say this, I will never have a garage sale without a thurday opening.

I've made some major scores at sales this season. But the best are yet to come. I got interviewed by channel 11 news yesterday at a sale about the new Minnetonka garage sale ordinances. I have a stack of cast iron fry pans about two feet high and the bride says if I bring any more home, she'll leave me. My five kids and my friends put in orders with me for stuff they need. As I told the channel 11 guys, I have a black belt in garage sailing. I also told them I wanted some nekked pictures of Rena Sargianoplous(sp) but they told me that they wouldn't give me any. Bad sports...

I hate garage sales! I hate having them I hate going to them, on the other hand the better half is a freak for them. We once took a trip out to a friends sisters house out east and it seemed like we hit every garage sale for 3000 miles. Coming home my van was so full we had barely enough room to sit.

I really don't care for them but one can find some great buys. I was at one the other day and there was a brand new Merc prop that fits my 07 50hp 4 stroke. I purchased the prop for a Five dollar bill. Now, thats a real deal plus.

(Tracy) aka Wanderer added a stack of hunting, fishing, and misc. houshold stuff today. Little slow for a saturday, but it is still miving. I'll be happy when it is done, but the results have been beyond expectations.

Love garage sales. I make close to a thousand a year at ours. Buy lots of stuff at them as well. If you have children, they are a must. Good deals on clothes and toys and they outgrow them both so fast.

Hey Neighbor_guy, I thought this was about Christmas with that title! Just joshing ya! Anyway, good job getting rid of that old stuff you didn't need anymore. I think I just need to get a dumpster backed up to my door and then I'd be good to go. I don't ever get to garage sales. I work to dang much.

Its funny you say that. My mothers family has a rule at Christmas. All gifts must be purchased at garage, estate, rummage sales, or flee markets, or hand made. Brings the fun back into the holiday and you dont feel bad about "regifting".

We had a little better than 1300 in sales. After paying those who "piggy backed" (not a bad thing) and buying a few lunches and a nice steak dinner, I have enough to cover a truck payment (one more month I dont have to worry about the repo man), and take the dog to the vet for her list of needs.

Isn't there a saying..one person's trash is another ones treasure..plus with gas and food prices up, a bargain is a bargain. My daugther has garage saled and after the littles one outgrow the things she got in a garage sale, she turns around and sells them again, they outgrow in the 1 to 2 year age before they fade or wear out. She usually gets less, but it is better then tossing. Use and re-use, then recycle again.

I know there are a lot of bargains at them, but I think my aversion comes from my childhood. Our home decor was always "early salvation army, late goodwill". Most of our clothes were hand me downs, or I made a lot of my own clothes. In my sophomore year as I was trying to impress one of the priveledged kids I told her we had 2 TV's at home (really a rarity then), what I didn't tell her was that one had the picture and one had the sound.

On the light side, it was no big deal if us kids jumped and bounced on our $5 sofa's and it was really cool to have the tv's on different channels. In the 60's it was really cool for the girls to wear men's Gant shirts (this really dates me) with their wrap around skirts. My older brother worked part time for a department store so he got some good deals on shirts, and when he got tired of them I got them.

i dont go to as many as i should. as someone else stated someones junk is another mans treasure. someone getting out of fishing or hunting and the next guy getting into it, garage sales are great places to get that stuff. everyones a winner then. by the way campground wide garage sale old wagon campground new london may 31rst. i know i have a shopping list to a few garage sale gurus.