• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chapter 2

HNTNBUX

I was back in Wisconsin on Wednesday morning after working all night. I ended up getting there too late and I think I bumped the birds off the roost on a new spot I was trying. After six hours I decided to head back to my tried and true spot.

I drove by to see if any birds were on the field and saw about 15-20 birds all near the road and feeding in the field. I drove about a 1/4 mile back to where I park and did about a 1/2 mile loop around the birds to get into position. Somehow the the birds were gone when I get there.

I set up and waited about ten minutes before calling. I called about every twenty minutes for an hour before I saw two Toms sneaking through the woodline coming towards my blind. The first Tom to step out was already in range at 40 yards. I adjusted the video camera and took the shot.

This is one of my biggest birds yet. It has an 11 1/2" beard and 1 3/8" spurs and weighed 23 pounds on my digital scale.

DSC01316.jpg

Maybe next year I should enter the FM contest.