• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

THANKS!

nine-tiner

THANKS to the fine gentleman FMer (if you are) at the Ann Lake (mora) landing this afternoon that was VERY patient while this first timer was loading! Thanks also for the tips afterward, they are greatly appreciated. And I thought I was a nice guy letting others launch before me. I guess "pay it forward" really does work.

ps

The SmokerCraft ProMag 162 was a BLAST!!! The Mrs. and I are hooked big time.

Practice makes perfect!!!

I took my boat to a local landing on a week day when I was 16 and just practiced "Hitting the hole" back it up and in the landing to the dock, pull it out, aroiund and back in the slot.

It is not as fun as just fishing, but it makes it easyer as the years progress.

I agree with boilerguy, nice to hear you had a good first experience. I was there a couple years ago and I think you feel worse than the guys watching. Everyone has been there. I always offer to help if I notice it. One thing I did was take mine to a smaller laket that wasn't very busy and practice there.

When I first got my utility trailer I took it to a parking lot and practiced for about an hour backing it up. Those small trailers can be a bear, you have to make small turns or you end up jack knifing it. A guy came up to me and asked if I was having a problem, I told him no just practicing. As he walked away I heard him say "Sure wish my wife would do that"

That's just funny Barb. My wife says she doesn't have the back up gene. When she's with me I back the boat in, jump in the boat, and she drives the truck away.

Yes, the smaller trailers are tougher. They have shorter tounges. You're doing it right, tho. Good on ya!!!!!

Just think how smooth things would go if every one helped a struggling boater when they needed pointers. I have gotten so mad at some people when they get out of their truck and heckle some poor guy who obviously is new to this, when all he needed was advise.

Just think how smooth things would go if every one helped a struggling boater when they needed pointers. I have gotten so mad at some people when they get out of their truck and heckle some poor guy who obviously is new to this, when all he needed was advise.

Agreed boatfixer, just today we were out and I was working on my boat moter on the side of the dock not used for loading. Another boat was launching with one guy, kingfisher was with me and he jumped over and helped him get it off so he could just drive away and get on the water. Didn't hinder our time at all and helped the guy out. He had a big smile and said thanks, that was nice of you. It's always good to be nice to people.