Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bogwalker

Minnesota Bear Tag Lottery Results

Our group was drawn this year! Last year was rough on all of us when we were not drawn. Good luck.

I was drawn again for area 24. grin Can't wait to start scouting.

And I am one of those 528 that decided to keep my points and hunt next year.

What did you think about that change? Is it worth doing?

I am also one of the 528. Is it worth doing? I could hunt last year and was unsuccessful in the lottery. madmadmad I don't want to hunt bear this year, but the couple of bucks just about guarantees my tag next year. grincoolsmile

The old option would have been to apply for a license, then if chosen not buy it, thus hosing someone else wanting to hunt. Wouldn't get a preference point either.

I like the change.

Wow, bad year for me. Not drawn for moose, bear or turkey. I guess alot of work will get done around the house.

My group of 2 got drawn for zone 31, first time bear hunting. Hope we get 1.

I think it is worth it. I am able to keep my point and actually get a few more for next year. My wife and I had our first child a month ago and she is a blast. so i decided that the bears can wait until next year. Plus this gives me a little more time to get more private access and do some good scouting.

My partner and I were drawn again in zone 12...that makes it 11 years in a row!!

i got drawn for area 31 again this year, hope i can pull through this year last year was a bad year with losing a big bear at the end of the season after passing up 10 smaller ones. cant wait tell baiting i get so excited for that time of year and like nightcrawler said time to start saving the gas money!!! good luck to everyone who got drawn.

iceman

OK guys/gals I was just completely shocked to find out some news the other day. I have a family member that is an avid bear hunter and has been drawn for the past 7 years in a row for the same area and has filled his tag every year. He was not drawn for a tag this year? Now it is my understanding that bears are grossly over populated in the state, now why would a hunter that has done his/her part for 7 years not get drawn this year? I hope this doesn't sound stupid but i just dont understand, can someone please help me understand this better. I am not really ranting here just a little confused. I would assume that the DNR would see his success and compared to alot of other that are not filling tags such as myself. What also cracks me up is that he passed on multiple bears last fall that were 250+ just to harvest the 400# bear that he did. Well anyways I am done now.

It's a lottery for a reason. Everyone gets a shot. Put your name in a hat and see if you get drawn. If he is such a good hunter he should go to no quota and hunt there as you can buy a license over the counter.

Well thats what he will be doing. But here is a question, i applied for zone 99 preference points. Can i still purchase a no-qouta tag?

Well thats what he will be doing. But here is a question, i applied for zone 99 preference points. Can i still purchase a no-qouta tag?

Yes