• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opener pics

fishnhuntnboy

Well i finally have time to put the pics on here and show ya how i did. All of these were caught on shagawa lake in Ely. It was a pretty cold morning and was the coldest i have ever open water fished. All in all it was just a crappy weather day. Even tho the weather didnt cooperate with fishing, it didnt hurt us at all. My dad and i started out pretty good and then the fishing slowed way down. I caught two smallies off the bat one at 2.5 lbs and one at 4.6 lbs. My dad then caught one a little later at 4.11 lbs. We were pumped that we got those right away and thought it would be a productive day. Then about an hour later i caught another 2.5 lber and that was it for about 2 hours. We then decided to finaly figure out why everyone was at the west end of the lake and found out that was were the walleyes were hitting. Dad caught all of those with one at 18in, 20in, and 21in, all were a beautiful rich color on them. All of them were spawned out and very hunrgy. Afer that we decided to call it quits and head back. I was suprised that the day turned out that great and i was pumped to finaly be out on the water in the boat. Even tho it felt like i was still ice fishing and was all bundled up.

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

IMG_0249.jpg

Great looking fish. Just a question, Where is the boundry for the early opener up there? I dont fish bass up there alot but I just heard about the earlt opener last week so I was curious.

Early opener for bass starting 5/10 is north and east of US hwy 53 from Duluth to International Falls and Pelican and Ash lakes in St. louis counties. And for those of you who don't like to fish for bass(grass carp) you need to widen your horizions, you will become a more rounded fisherperson..:}

Why would I waste my time reading the regs on bass? grin
Comments like that arnt in the spirit of fun, next time someone might second guese sharing and posting it.

Personlly I like seeing how well their doing, from a big musky down to mud puppy. Its not the matter being thin skin, its that matter of showing respect to you fellow fisherman.