Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishNovice101

North Metro lakes - where are the walleyes?

4 posts in this topic

We didn't make it out for opener last weekend, and are going to fish this weekend.

Anyone know what lakes have a good bite in the Metro? laugh

The Chisago area kicked out a lot of fish. Chisago, Green, South Center... I heard reports from most of the lakes in the area... I would also have to imagine that Clear Lake off 35 did well too judging by the amount of trailers parked out there on opener weekend smile

Didn't hear of many fish being caught on Clear over the opener but there were a ton of trailers there again tonight as I was driving by. Maybe, folks are being tight lipped about the bite but seemed to be slower then the past few. Matt, way to stick it to them on opener! Wow! That was a nice one you got and the numbers were awsome as well! I haven't been out on Flake yet this spring due to hitting the river most of the time but maybe this weekend. Just like ice fishing, the crowds don't always equal success. Good luck out there this weekend everyone, be safe and tight lines!

Tunrevir~

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• +1 on striker ice love mine    
    • I know of which you speak and they were full when I stopped by for my new fav Ghost Pepper beef sticks on the last weekend. Well I stopped by on the 1st-2nd and last weekend for the beef sticks! I use to cut up all my Deer until I and the wife wanted some of those more fancy brat's and sausage I just couldn't do.
    • My FXR sled jacket and bibs have the F.A.S.T Flotation Assistance system Technology in them so I get dlb duty out of the suit sledding and Ice fishing. Right now Cab's up in Rogers has the FXR outdoor suits but they aren't cheap. Love mine.    
    • Those look Great. Most of the time just crock potted them to death! 
    • Glad to hear it isn't the local 172 processor people complained about last year.    I was happy to have the needed "facilities" back this year.  Set up, skinned, sliced, diced, vacuum packed and cleaned up in 3.5 hours.  No, that doesn't include the grind, but we do take that in.
    • I go to Petty Bro's in Annandale and have with about the last 8-9 Deer. They usually get it back in about 3 weeks.
    • And aren't a big fan of eating it?   I'm OK with marinating and grilling the breasts but the rest of the family aren't big fans.  And I can say I prefer duck too.   So I tried smoking the breasts - and loved it!  And now I want more!   I took the simple route since it was my first try.  I picked up some High Mountain game bird and poultry brine and let em brine for two days chilled.   I put them on my smoker grill with the coals in the side fire box.  4 handfuls of wet mesquite chips during the 2.5 hour smoke at about 250 degrees.  I brushed with olive oil and teriyaki marinade to finish.  Pink and tender throughout, not jerked dry and tough.  Phenomenal.     I ate the last one yesterday on the deer stand.  After pulling the tenderloin off for the chefs treat, I just slice it thin against the grain.     Give it a try if you feel like the only things to do with geese are to grind em up.
    • So what do you propose we cut in order to offset that grand per job subsidy? Please be specific.   Do you propose doing the same for competing companies or do you like to play favorites?  
  • Our Sponsors