• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kicker motor mounting

Question

I just bought a 20 ft. Star Craft boat and I want to mount a 9.9 OMC 4 stroke on it as a kicker. My problem is the boat has a Merc Cruiser I/O and I want to use the steering on it to control my kicker. Any suggestions? I did find a company named Remote Troll that makes a mounting bracket that is remote contolled like a bow mount electric motor but it's awfull expensive... Any ideas on which way to go??? I cant run it from the back of the boat.

------------------

1 answer to this question

Cjreyn, I have a kit to be used with Alpha (or previous) drives. It has a connector for kicker, a connector for drive and an adjustable bar for control of both.
I had it installed on my boat then sold kicker. I was going to post it on hsolist, but if you make me an offer I can refuse...
I can send pictures, if you send me your email address

[email protected]