• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cornhusker in MN

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, man. I'm down. I'm in South Minneapolis.

I wasn't able to find the games on the radio up here last year, but the way last season went, it turned out to be okay. Bo should at least make it interesting this year, and I'm pumped for that.

Joe Senser's on 494 in Bloomington shows all the games. On all the TVs. The whole bar is a sea of red, and there's often a small pep band in the corner, playing Dear Old Nebraska every time the Huskers score. It's like O Street on gameday, man. It's cool.

Welcome to the area, and Go Big Red!

I will remember that. I coached youth ball back in Lincoln for the past 10 years and last fall was the first time I was not in downtown Lincoln on game days. ( still hurts)

Sensers sound great. Keep in touch and we will hit the lakes when they are playing this fall. X-M now carries the big 12 so we can normally catch a game here or there.

Welcome fellow HUSKER fan. There are quite a few husker fans in Mn. I'm in Mankato. Didn't pick any games on the radio last season but you can get the free broadcast on Huskers.com come game time. Hopefully we have a better season than last. Enjoy MN. And welcome to the site. Its very addicting.

GO BIG RED!!!

Duane

I never normally went to the games. Because they were much more fun to watch down on O street or from someones nice chair. But Now that they are not on TV every week. I guess we should start going again. Tailgating will not be the same when I have to actually go into the stadium.

I see a few guys on here from Anoka county--We will have to pick a game on TV up here and a bar, and turn it red one saturday this fall.

Born a Minnesotan, raised a Minnesotan, will die a Minnesotan... but will be a Huskers fan for the rest of my life til I die...

I have two 27" TV in my room... and during the season, one tv is always showing the Huskers game when its televised up here... Dont care if anybody dont like it... my tv... I say so!

Been deaf since I was born... so listening to radio for Huskers game isnt an option at all... unless Im with someone who's hearing and willing to relay to me whats going on...

Its usually a tough situation for me when the Huskers play and Im able to go muskie fishing... but usually when its a formidable opponent, I'll grin and bear with staying home to catch the game...

Last season was a complete disgrace... the fan base was in chaos... there was disgrace everywhere... Nobody recognized the Huskers... Pederson didnt care what Nebraska football was all about, rather being selfish by trying to establish his own legacy... biggest mistake he ever did... Second mistake was the firing of Frank Solich and hiring Bill Callahan (what a friggin' JOKE!!!)... Gotta admit that this thin ray of sunlight finally broke through the DARK cloud with his firing... then the same ray of light started to get bigger with the hiring of Osborne... then few more started to break through with the firing of Callahan... and now the UNL campus is full of SUNLIGHT with the hiring of Bo Pelini...

I know that the 2008-2009 season will be whole lot better than the 2007-2008 season regardless the turnout... The diehard Husker in me is saying they're going to the bowl... the reality side of me is not to expect too much out of this team seeing how its still "Callahan's team" but still I have those wholehearted faith in Bo Pelini that the tradition is making a comeback...

I still can remember the day I became a die-hard Huskers fan as clear as if it was yesterday... I was at Kansas visiting my ex-girlfriend back in 1992-93... I was a Sophomore in high school... and on the night right before I left for home, Nebraska was playing Florida State for the National Championship and Nebraska just played their heart out... if they didnt miss that field goal, they would be the National Champs... but they lost 18-16... but that game pretty much was a stepping stone to the 3 National Championships in the next 4 years...

I also can remember the 1995 National Championship game... Basically everybody I knew were rooting for Florida... they were basically putting down Nebraska in front of me... telling me how the Huskers wouldnt even stand a chance against the Gators, their so-called "Fun-n-Gun" offense... how Spurrier is better than Osborne... I could go on and on with the blahh blahh... but the end result was those priceless expressions as I rub their nose in and collected on my bets with them... What was sweeter was that I'd be the only one cheering amongst them... rubbing their nose in... especially after the infamous Frazier 75yd run for TD... sweeeeet!!!

GO BIG RED!!!!

I was born in Sioux City, but grew up in Nebraska. I've loved the Huskers since birth. My Dad went to UNL during '70 and '71, and I was there in '95. I'm a Minnesotan now, but I still bleed Red.

Yes, last year was a tough year... but all teams go through that. We'll be fine. I think we got a good coach, a good staff, and plenty of good players. I don't expect the Huskers to set the world on fire, but I do think we'll see a more competitive team. And that's all I can ask for.

My favorite moment in Husker history was during the 4th quarter of the '95 Orange Bowl. Corey Schlesinger put two into the end zone to take the lead, and then, with like 2:00 on the clock, it was up to the defense to protect the lead. First down got Miami a minimal gain... and the next three plays were a sack, another sack, and an interception. I was out of my mind, and my Dad was going nuts. Finally! I remember hearing Kent Pavelka on KFAB... I thought he was going to have a heart attack. After all those years of "almost," the trophy was headed to Lincoln.

Oh, yeah, the Fiesta Bowl the next year was pretty cool, too...

I agree with both games. But the last few years have been tough. Bo should do a pretty good turnaround. Might take a year to get some meat in there he likes.

--Keep in touch --Big red in 4months baby-----

Love the memories....this year will be better for sure but my expectations are still realistic. Bo needs to focus on the offensive and defensive lines and then work outward from there. The big 12 north may be wide open so who knows, if things fall right we could make it to the Big 12 title game.

I miss Kent Pavelka!

I think you could find descent prices for a non hot game pretty reasonably. I think face is 60-80 bucks so you should be able to go. If your ever up for going to a game. You can always go and tailgate hit the crowds before the game. Anyone I ever met looking for tickets has always found them. And usually on the cheap. Just becuase the sea of red sells out every week, does not mean the stands are full. lots of red watchers watch from the bar or the couch.

i would love to come down there and watch agame. I have been a fan for along time, just never had the money to come down and take the time on the weeekend to get down there and watch them play.

Thanks for the help Eyes

Dude, it is totally worth the trip.

It's unbelievable. I mean, I may be a little biased here, but I can honestly say that it's the best place in the world to watch a football game. Doesn't matter who they play. Lincoln is a cool town to visit, too. And, since it's not that far from Omaha, you could check out the Henry Doorly Zoo and make it a trip for the wife and kids so you don't feel all guilty about dragging them down there to see a football game. It's a win-win.

Sounds intriguing... I might be in.

Failing that, we could just all get a booth together at Joe Senser's in Bloomington and watch a game, then hit the water. Or, fish on a Saturday morning, and make it to Senser's before kickoff.

Fishing, burgers, beer, and some quality college ball. I could see that becoming a regular thing.

Here's an idea. An FM get-together for the husker fans of MN.

Oh yeah and it would be held at Memorial Stadium. I'm in, who else.

Go "skers"

Duane

I would be in forsure. Iv been a fan for a long time, and need to get there for a game.

Here is a list of all the home games for the 08 season with ticket prices. If any of you are interested let me know and I can do some research. I do believe there is a section in the north end zone for Minnesotans for Nebraska. But it really don't matter where you sit cause its a sea of red everywhere in the stadium. Its been a while since I've been to a game so I think its about time I get back to one.

Duane

Nebraska Home Game Ticket Prices

Opponent Date Price

Western Michigan Saturday, Aug. 30 $55

San Jose State Saturday Sept. 6 $55

New Mexico State Saturday, Sept. 13 $55

Virginia Tech Saturday, Sept. 27 $65

Missouri Saturday, Oct. 4 $65

Baylor Saturday, Oct. 25 $65

Kansas Saturday, Nov. 8 $65

Colorado Saturday, Nov. 28 $65