• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honda engine problem?

DRH1175

I went to start my mower with a honda 16hp engine. It started then a loud clank, backfire and now it won't start and smells gassy. I am worried it is a crank or rod. This engine only has about 120 hours on it and 4 yrs old? What to do? it is a honda gxv 530

Well I started looking for the problem. It has a cracked block. There is a 2 inch by1/16th inch crack and oil is seeping out. On a honda engine with only 170 hours on it. The engine is shot. Now what does one do? A $3000 mower that only lasted 4 years.

Oil is at the correct level. I change my oil often and check it every time I mow. I have never seen a problem. Never burned oil. Never used any. During a whole season the oil still looks brand new after the season is over. grrr... I sure hope Simplicity stands behind their product.

I talked to a service guy today at one of the dealers that handle Simplicity. Since it is 5 years old he said Simplicity most likely won't do anything for me. He also said honda is the worst company to work with for problems. He said if they give you a 2 years warranty don't even try to call them on 2 years and a day later.