• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pool 2

OLY

I made it out on pool 2 today from 3-7pm. Fishing has been slow for me so far this year, untill today. The fish were really active today the water temp finally hit 60 degrees and they really turned on. I ended up with 11 smallies from 11-17 inches, and 6 largemouth from 13-16 inches. All but two fish came pitching a strike king spinnerbait in and around laydowns in 2-5 ft of water. Here is a pic of the biggest smallie

2495416423_3490b5a9f5.jpg

My dad and I fished from 830 untill 130, and the fishing was awesome again. We ended up with 14 smallies and 12 largemouth,as well as 2 small pike. The fish are really aggressive right now and if you get in the right areas you can catch them on pretty much anything. I caught all of my bigger fish flippin a black and blue lake fork craw tube, and my dad was pitchin a whit jig and grub combo. The size wasn't that great but we ended up with about 6 between 16 and 17 inches. Here is a pic of the biggest, a fat 17 full of eggs.

2497902726_b306221d71.jpg

Made it out today from 4-8 with a buddy, and the bite was a little off. I think the colder weather the last few days turned them off a bit. we ended up with 5 largemouth, and 4 smallies. I got my biggest of the year so far 18.75, 4lbs 5oz on a chatterbait with a yum buzz frog trailer swimming it through a laydown in 3ft of water. Temps were down to 57-58 today.

Here is a pic of the big one

2510504102_a5eb184bcd.jpg

Labs have no boundaries on what they are inclined to retrieve. A fish rates pretty high on my dog's list. Lots of fish swim the waters of White Bear Lake with little nibble marks on them.