• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

While watching this catbird this morning, I figured there was no way I'd get close enough for a decent shot. I was about ready to put on my TC, and then decided to try and sneak up on him. I got close enough for an attempt and took a couple shots, and then moved a little closer for a couple more. I then noticed that he was coming towards me. I stood still and watched and every now and then, snap off a couple more. He eventually came within about 10 feet. That was good, because the lens had a tough time focusing on a subject that lacks contrast. The first shot wasn't cropped at all and was shot at 330mm. It's just too bad about the seeds all over the ground.

2496061540_c3e5bb02c3_o.jpg

2495237055_75c05fd49c_o.jpg

That's good work, Mike. Catbirds are not easy to get close to. I love that head-on eye contact in the second shot.

And a catbird is the veritable definition of no-contrast. Tough for autofocus to pick up, eh? gringrin

Hey I thought you were taking a break from birds?....lol

I just can't help myself. I am so addicted. I think my boat is starting to feel neglected. grin It's got to the point that capturing a good shot of a new bird is just as thrilling as catching a nice fish. I may have to join birdaholics anonymous. crazy