• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 NBA Draft Lottery

Scott M

Next Tuesday you can gloat or complain about the Timberwolves' results from the Draft Lottery. I hope they can get lucky and sneak into the 1 or 2. Sure would be nice to get some luck for a change.

However I'll temper my expectations and say the obvious: McHale IS still in charge.

Come on!!! It's a Minnesota sports team, do you really think they are going to get a top pick? Even if they get it out of the lottery, which they won't, McHale will trade it to Boston for a bucket of Gatorade or something.

Ha! McHale would definately do something like that! But in all seriousness, it would be nice if the Wolves could score a top 3 pick. There are some solid players coming out that could make a very big impact next season.

Also, do we have any added picks this year from past trades?

You're joking right? shocked I think McHale gave our picks away until 2025, not sure though it might go through 2050. mad

McHale doesn't get picks, he just gives them up.

Houston owes us a 2010 2nd rounder from the Gerald Green trade.

We have two future first rounders from Boston. One was returned from when we traded for Ricky Davis/Wally trade, the other is a top three protected 2009 first rounder.

Miami owes us a pick but its lottery protected this year, top ten protected next year, and unprotected in 2010.

So all we have this year is our 1st and 2nd round choices, other trade picks will come in 2009 or 2010.

CnC's right. I overlooked two conditional second round picks.

Originally in the first trade, The Celtics sent Ricky Davis, Mark Blount, Marcus Banks, Justin Reed, and two conditional second-round picks to the Timberwolves in exchange for Michael Olowokandi, Wally Szczerbiak, Dwayne Jones of the development league, and a conditional first-round pick likely to be exercised in 2008. In the Garnett trade, the conditional '08 pick was returned, and the wolves also got the 2009 top 3 protected pick, and of course Garnett for Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair.

Through the nitty gritty details and our trades involving Boston and Miami, we ended up with their second round pick, which means we pick first in the second round this year....Picks #31 and #34 are ours, plus however the lottery balls bounce on Tuesday.

Good eye CrappiesNCats, perhaps you should be the one in the front office smile

Well, thats only because McHale likes to draft hometown boys in the 2nd round. Give them a chance...

He actually called me a couple weeks ago because he saw me in Foot Locker buying a pair of basketball sneakers.

I still say Beasley, but they both are looking pretty good. Rumors flying about Miami taking Mayo. If you told me the Wolves were going to draft Mayo a year ago I would have thought they won the lottery. It's not like there aren't quality players still available at 3, it's just that the Wolves can't ever seem to find the good ones later in the draft...

I would still take Beasley without a doubt....probably even take him #1 if we had the pick....but I was surprised that they had him at 6'10" in college and he only measured at 6'8" 1/4 with shoes on!!

Mayo isn't a point guard....or at least not a true point...he can bring up the ball but I think he would do better not to bring up the ball and to come off screens for open looks or drives....but if Miami takes Beasley then I am all for Mayo.....but if they are leaning towards Love they should trade down a couple spots!!

Beasley is 6'8 1/4 with out shoes on not 6' 7" I just read an article on ESPN that said that when the bulls doctor measured his height he was listed as 6' 10", but he was shorter and that is heavily weighing their decision to go with Rose. Remember people he is only 19 and will probably grow a little more, also every college player said he was the best player in the draft as far as pure talent goes. If you are a t wolves fan pray that we can some how grab him up, he would give us a talent that can be utilized immediately.