• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

40 games, 20 wins

IFallsRon

After 28 home games, Twins attendance is 87,205 behind last season's pace.

How are the numbers across all of MLB? On average arent all attendances down from last year?

I keep hearing many say wait until 2010 and then we'll have something special. When I look at their current lineup, I have a hard time determining what will make them special in two years. I think Gomez is potentially an all star and Morneau looks to be strong. Mauer should have high batting average but let's face it; it looks like he's always going to be a "piranha" and not really a rbi or power player. Throw in a couple young pitchers with potential but is this the makings of something special in two years?

I suppose maybe "special" needs to be kept in perspective too. When I hear that term I think of a team that will contend for world series title but maybe just contending for division and/or wildcard is for realistic as far as a definition of "special".

"So now Mauer is a piranha....LOL."

I don't mean this in a negative sense. After all, we loved our piranhas a couple years ago. I'm just saying that as it stands, we don't really have a lot of rbi type players in the lineup and that concerns me a little looking ahead towards what many have have stated will be a special team in two years.

Your #3 batter is traditionally an rbi type guy who can hit for extra base hits. Singles and walks are great for a #2 batter and that's probably realistically Joe's best place in the lineup.

Maybe Gomez will become that traditional #3 guy in a couple years and we do have some other potential leadoff guys so maybe that won't be a big deal.

I remember that the guys on ESPN that called the Twins-Red Sox game a while back thought Mauer should bat first in the lineup because of his high average. Very interesting since the #1 hitter gets up to 20 more ABs than just the #2 hitter...