• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best prices on vegetable plants?

hoggs222

Where do you guys/gals go to buy your vegetable plants. I had a huge assortment and they all died!!!!! I put them outside for a few hours and were all wilted away.

Oh well! I'm looking mainly for tomatoes, hot peppers, etc. Would you try WalMart? I wonder how their quality will be there.

I guess I don't want to go to home depot and spend $3.00 on a tomato plant if I can maybe get the 4 for $3.00 that I've heard of some places having.

first did you keep them watered. when they are in them little plastic things they dont stay wet very long, need to be watered more often. i went to thompsens greenhouse north of cold spring and paid $1.99 per 4 pac for all my garden veggie packs. paid $8.99 for daylillies there then found day lillies at menards for $4.99.

I did make sure that the soil was moist at all times. I put them out when it was 60+ degrees in the sun for a few hours in a partially shaded area. The next day they all looked like old lettuce you find in the back of your fridge. Some survived, most didn't.

Did you buy them out of a greenhouse or grow them under lights yourself?It sounds like they were not used to the sun....they always collapse the first time out until they get used to it.

I grew them in front of a window from seed. I guess I'm not too worried about those ones. I just want to go out and buy some plants for this year and then try again next year.

Do you know if Menards, WalMart, etc. have 4 for $x.xx deals like a garden center or are they individually priced?