• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Shore Birds! (pics)

I came across a couple northern migrating shore birds with "super long" bills this morning....according to my sibleys they are the "Marbled Godwit"...females supposedly have longer bills then the male but not entirely sure of the 2 birds together which is which.....there is a "hudsonian Godwit" but is on the west coast...gotta be Marbled"....just a neat bird! grin....all images digiscoped at about 40 yards

Frame_marbledgodwit1.jpg

this one has less "barring " on the chest then the other godwit

Frame_marbledgodwit2.jpg

Frame_marbledgodwit3.jpg

Yuppers!...Thats where they were!...bet they flew a thousand miles from the gulf coast and rested in the field there!....they hardly moved....even a couple people (including a highway patrolman ) stopped and watched me take these photos(I had my tripod and was "putting the sneak" on em) grin