Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonny_redhorse

"Shore Birds! (pics)

6 posts in this topic

I came across a couple northern migrating shore birds with "super long" bills this morning....according to my sibleys they are the "Marbled Godwit"...females supposedly have longer bills then the male but not entirely sure of the 2 birds together which is which.....there is a "hudsonian Godwit" but is on the west coast...gotta be Marbled"....just a neat bird! grin....all images digiscoped at about 40 yards

Frame_marbledgodwit1.jpg

this one has less "barring " on the chest then the other godwit

Frame_marbledgodwit2.jpg

Frame_marbledgodwit3.jpg

Great shots! Your digiscoping is getting better all the time. I love seeing what you can pull in with that thing!

Hey I saw them at the Lincoln School with gulls! Nice pictures!

Yuppers!...Thats where they were!...bet they flew a thousand miles from the gulf coast and rested in the field there!....they hardly moved....even a couple people (including a highway patrolman ) stopped and watched me take these photos(I had my tripod and was "putting the sneak" on em) grin

Like the photos... they look great. Makes me wish I knew more about photography.