• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Starting Sprinkler System

PikeTipper

I'm attempting to get the sprinkler system ready by myself and I'm running into a problem. On the main hook up in the front of the house there are 2 open pipes where the water comes shooting out of when I turn the water on. Is there a way I can turn these off or do I need to find some bolts to plug the holes? Does this make any sense?

Thanks

Should be plugs from last year sitting around. I would say those are your hook up points for the air line when it was blown out last fall.

I would call who ever blew out your system and see if they know where they put the plugs.

If the 2 openings are on the brass Backflow preventer there should be a spot to put a small flat screwdriver in and turn them 1/2 a turn and that should stop the water. This is what Dakota is refering to. Shackbash is refering to an opening in the piping after the backflow preventer where the contrator hooked up to blow the water out of the system last fall. In that case you need a plug to screw into the pipe to stop the water.