• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bad Medicine Lake

ZOOM

Anyone ever fish this lake? We went down there last year because we heard of the great bite but we only got small 1 pound trout if that. Not many at that . We stayed at a very nice camp ground(not sure I can say the name here) but we loved the trip because of the great place we stayed.We want to go back. mostly because of the camp ground. Wouldn't mind an excuse to go back but we just couldn't get into the big trout that we were told about.What do they bite on down there? Fishing??????? for Info.LOL thanks

We went down there last year because we heard of the great bite but we only got small 1 pound trout if that.

THAT'S why you didn't catch any large fish. that lake has been pounded hard over the last several years with word of a "hot bite". More harvest going on than fish coming in, with a lot of large fish going home in the cooler. Only one way to get big fish in a put and take fishery, and that's to leave some go.

The lake is beautiful and I can understand why anyone would want to fish it. I'd say to come back again, but not expect to catch any large trout. However, there are some great walleyes and large pike to be caught (fat from eating all the small trout). There is also a blossoming smallmouth fishery there.

It's hard to keep a good bite a secret anymore.