• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slough Pumper.

Otherwise known as a Great Blue Heron. This guy was resting in a tree several hundred feet from me out in the lake.

Canon Xti 100-400 L, handheld through Pickup window at iso 400, 1/750 sec at f/11. using Aperature Priority at 400mm.

Slough-Pumper.jpg

There was a lot of clone tool used here to get rid of some other branches to clean it up. He was standing in a forest intially and I shot straight into the sun so had some flare to fix but I am happy with the results. Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Ya BUzz, I noticed the sensor spots, I had a lot more actually I just missed a couple while cloning. I need to clean my sensor soon. I am just a little leary about cleaning the sensor. I am sure I won't hurt anything I just don't know the best method. Time to search the forums, I think I saw a post about it somewere.

Paul, most use the Copper Hill method, and a quick online search will bring you there. The supplies cost me less than $30 and there are enough supplies to last me 10 years. Feels a bit hinky the first time, but after cleaning my sensors many times over the last few years it's just routine.

Dan (DBL) here helped me with my first camera cleaning (Thanks again Dan) and like Steve said, the first time is a little scary but then it's nothing. Instead of the cloning tool, take a look into the "patch tool". It works cleaner wonders.

Ahh yes it is hidden under the healing tool. For PC folks you right click the healing tool and it is one of the options. Mac.....well you will find it Steve. You know I learn more innovative quick tips about Photoshop talking with other photographers than talking about camera settings. There are so many cool ways that Photoshop can help with enhancements its unreal!

Select the Patch tool and be sure the Source option is checked in the tool options bar. Then select the area you want to fix left click and drag out the selection. Just like using the Lasso tool, which you could use to make the selection as well. Just switch back to the patch tool when you are done.

Now drag the selection to an area that has about the same color and texture as the area you want to replace - and just release the mouse button, and you have an instant repair. Works great removing lines under eyes, removing a spot, or other un-wanted parts of a photo.

Try it you I'm guessing you will like it.