• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Topper Stopper Versus the Whopper Popper!

RK speaks very highly of the Mouldy's Topper Stopper and I have decided that I need to add one to my top water collection.On the same note, has anyone here tryed the Lee Lures Whopper Popper? They look really similar and I haven't seen either one in action so I just wanted to know your guys' thoughts.

Man am I ready for June 7th!

I have not tried either bait either, but I know that Dick Pearson also swears by the Topper Stopper. In fact, I believe he named it as one of his top ten "must have" baits.

Hiya -

I have both and use both. They're not as similar as one would think. The Topper Stopper is a little more subtle and just overall a more compact bait. It really is one of the baits I reach for first when it comes to topwaters. Not all of them are created equal - some just sound better than others do for some reason - but they all catch fish. The Whopper Popper sits a little higher in the water and has a little higher pitch to it as a result I think. They are definitely more stable in wind and waves just because they are bulkier.

If I were only going to get one I'd get the Topper, but that's personal bias for sure. Just a very high confidence bait for me. Lee makes some good stuff, and frankly, his baits are more durable for sure.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm