• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brown Thrasher (cool bird)

It was fun watching this guy work. Up and down his head would go, just to eventually pick up a piece of corn. I don't know if he was trying to split it in two first or what. That was all he picked up though, just a kernel of corn.

2493819584_edb2bf496c_o.jpg

2493820872_0aa7050091_o.jpg

They are a neat bird, beak almost seems to big for its head. I like the second picture. I have heard they like popcorn of all things. I have never had one around here to try it with though.

Thanks, Jay. I think I may have to lay off the birds for awhile. That's all I dreamed about last night, birds, birds and more birds. Pretty soon I'm going to grow wings. However, I believe I captured one more bird this morning, that I hadn't had a good picture of. I'll soon find out. After this, I'll cease and desist until I get a report of indigo buntings, cedar waxwings, a scarlet tanager, pileated woodpecker, or something else new and unique to this area.

Cool bird is right! I like the pose in the second photo.

The Marshall paper had an insert in its Saturday edition of good places to go bird watching. The article was written by a Marshall birder, and listed a few of your "to do" list along with some I had never heard of. If you want a copy, I can get it to you. Nothing like helping to feed an addiction, right? grin