Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Recipe of the week???

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Correct! APRs could be set at whatever they want. I don't like APRs unless a region has a large enough antlerless herd to support the extra pressure it will take when guys aren't seeing legal bucks. (think fill the freezer)    Cervid farms are whole other can of worms. Not enough monitoring & regulation of them. I wish they would all go away. CWD is here now and it's not going away. I can only hope it stays contained to southern MN.   If "Party hunting" were stopped altogether (which I don't think will happen) the harvest would drop and the herd rebound would take care of itself in many areas IMHO, but it may be too bitter a pill to swallow for many groups. 
    • FB NEVER!!    Well maybe someday but I hope not.   Here’s one: APRs don’t have to mean 4 points on a side.  I don’t think it’ll ever fly for the whole state but what would the harm be in letting spikes and forks walk?   Heres two: Shut down the cervid farms now!  Buy em out with the money we’ll spend on CWD testing for eternity if we don’t.   Heres three: Stop party hunting bucks. 
    • I joined your group and already voiced my opinion on APR's. 
    • Exactly Dave! Trying to build a group of concerned hunters to try to give the generally passive group of folks a place to voice their opinions. There is nothing to buy, no advertising, and no set agenda. Just a place to bounce ideas and gauge what deer hunters are thinking, and Facebook reaches a much larger and more diverse group than forums these days. While I still like participating in forums these days, they are smaller communities with smaller demographics, and in the deer policy world, numbers count.
    •   Probably for the reasons stated in the original post.   Relax, they are just trying to get a group of like minded people together to discuss deer hunting issues in Minnesota. No one is selling anything that I can see. Do you even know what a Facebook group is?
    • Why would you come on HSO advertising a FB group?   Clickbait?  Or just an innocent miscue?  
    • I'm having trouble too. Wants me to sign up again and can't find the list of people signed up...
    • No. Save your money.
    •   I agree with you on giving back to the landowners. Without them alot of would have to sit at home.   Why the sturn no? Care to elaborate a bit?
    • Should get another way of doing the survey off Spacebook