• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Back wheel will not turn

I went to drive my daughters grand am this morning, which has not been driven for 3 weeks and the back driver side wheel wouln't turn, locked. The parking brake seemed to be on, but it wasn't. The asb and service engine soon lights came and stayed on. We have had trouble getting the parking brake off in the past. Any suggestions or ideas would help. Or do I need to have it picked up and brought in on a flat bed. Thanks

You can take that wheel off and smack the drum with a hammer. If the rear drum rusted up or E-brake mechanism is sticky on the shoe this can help loosen it up enough to get the drum off or spinning. If the cable is frozen it may be a bit tougher to get it unstuck.

Did you have the e-brake on while it sat?