• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crane Lake this Weekend

wakenup

(First post for Wakenup!)

I'm heading up to Crane Lake on Friday morning for a few days. A few of the guys coming along have fished Crane for a few years, but I'm fishing my own boat.

Does anyone know of any great hotspots for a newbie? Planning to fish for Walleyes - slip bobbers, leeches, lindy rigs, etc. Trolling or anchored.

I appreciate the tips and will gladly let you know how we do!

Jason

Lino Lakes, MN

I haven't been back to Crane Lake for 5-6 years but we used to do very well on Walleyes in the Vermillion Gorge 1-2 weeks after opener. We always seemed to do better than the boats around us as we were the only ones using Jumbo Leeches brought up from the Cities. Red hook with a split shot 18 inches up is all you need. Start at the opening to the gorge and cast to the shoreline. Work your way up to the rapids. Good Luck.