• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

boat letters

limited out

I recently bought a boat from an owner in SD and for the life of me, have been unable to get the adhesive letters off the boat without major scrathes. I believe I need replace them with the my new MN identification letters. Does anyone have any suggestions for easy removal of the letters? Finger nail polish maybe?

I use a heat gun, make sure you do not over heat your paint or gel coat. Usally they will peal off in one piece. I then use goo-gone, which is a glue or adhesive remover.

good luck

The heat gun will help out a lot. It doesn't need to get it very hot just warm enough to get the adhesive gooey but not so not you can't touch it. Do one letter a t a time, apply a little heat, pick at a corner with your finger nail until you can grab it, apply heat again and slowly pull while heating at the same time.

Goof off has worked for me to get stickers off of my truck, you know the ones identifying the dealership you bought it from? Just keep applying and rubbing and they just fall right off. No damage to the paint either.

The heat gun works. I just did it for my boat a few weeks ago. Like everyone said though - make sure you don't get it too hot as you'll damage your paint. Just take your time and go slow - it'll work.