• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question about new bearing install

tomfromblaine

Question

Towards the end of last season I installed new bearings, races and seals with new bearing buddies, I know I got that part right but the question I have is following the bearing buddy instructions about how much grease to pump in. I followed the directions but the left wheel now has some grease on the inside of the rim. Does this mean the inner seal has been damaged or does it just mean there was to much grease and it had to have a place to go??

Thanks in advance for any info on this

TOM from Blaine

5 answers to this question

Tom, it means grease was pushed through the seal. Thats not a good thing. Wipe the grease off the rim and keep an eye on it. If it slings more grease you'll need to clean out the hub and bearings replace the seal. When adding grease stop before the spring is collapsed. Really if the spring starts to move thats good right there.

Thanks Frank, thats what I was hoping some body would say "wipe it off and keep an eye on it" I've got spare bearings (old ones) for road side repairs tucked away with the spare prop. Just not looking forward to pulling those

B-buddies, they were kinda hard putting in.