Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Duckslayer

Beagle tail between legs

6 posts in this topic

My mom has a Beagle that for the past two days will not raise it's tail up. Does not want her to pull it up either. It has not been hurt that we know of and sure has not been run hard and put up wet. Any suggestions as to what may be going on? Thanks for any help! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

I have a beagle and haven't seen that. I would take him into the vet and see if there is something going on.

Have not been here in a while so I have not posted what was found out. Mom took the dog to the vet and it's tail is broken! No clue as to how that may have happened. Nothing to be done but give him some pain meds and I guess it may or may not ever stand up like it did before. Thanks for the response Sandmannd, was good advice. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Glad to hear you took him in and he will be OK. Main thing is that he's not in pain. Do you hunt with him or is he just a pet? Ours is just my wife's dog so he doesn't get out of the yard.

My lab had a similar situation this spring. Hers was "dislocated". It did heal after about a week, but I felt bad for her. frown

My beagle growing up would often bonk his tail into many things. It doesn't surprise me at all to hear a Beagle broke its tail.