• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My First Turkey

goman

Me and my dad went out to zimmerman and the sand dune state forest and went on my first turkey hunt. The first day i missed one with extra full choke 7 yrds out and than didn't here any thing else the reat of the day. The second day i had some comeing to me but never saw any but we did walk up on 5 hens which was pretty cool. Than on my third day we sat at a tree and waited for about 45mins than headed out to another spot and walked from 7:30 till 9:40 than Gobble Gobble Gobble and at 9:45 i took my first turkey 12 yards out it was a 2 year old bird and i was happy with my first bird at 13 years old.

Nice job. If you can get that many opportunities you are doing better than most of us. The "hunting" is the skill that will get you through. The misses are going to happen, I know I have had more than my share but it usually ends up being an unfilled tag. Good job!

Awesome accomplishment Goman. You're off to a great start.

Just keep learning something from every encounter you have with a turkey whether you bag one or not.

Oh, and don't forget to thank your dad for the opportunity.

Did you get some good photos of your first bird??