• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite line?

gritsnham

What are some of your favorite lines out there?

I use vanish transition and power pro and love them both(except vanish at times...)

Anyone else out there have good luck with any other flouro lines?

Overall I just love Fireline Crystal 6lb for almost all my rods. Even though it is '6 Lb' line.. just try breaking it... you can't! I never have fish break the line... unless it's via the teeth!

braid: spiderwire

Fluro, I used vanish last year and really like it for 10lb test and under, however I will never use greater than 10 again! This year i bought a bunch Vicious floruo... will be trying it out shortly.

Hiya -

Braid - Cortland Master Braid on baitcasting, Fireline on spinning

Mono - a real mish-mash depending on what I'm doing:

Cortland Endurance for casting grubs/jigworms for smallies

Triple Fish X-Rated copolymer for carolina rigs, pitching, spinnerbaits

Trilene XT for jigworms, tubes, topwaters

Fluorocarbon - Triple Fish for flipping with fluoro, crankbaits, drop-shotting

Triple Fish X-Rated copolymer is awesome stuff. Very thin diameter and tough as nails.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

Mono: Trilene XT

Braid: Stren Superbraid

Flouro: Berkely 100% and Triple Fish

I just started using triple fish this spring mainly because of RK's mentioning of it. So far I really like it and for the price you can't go wrong.

I use braid for spinners and jerk-bait baits, and vanish for everything else, jigs & worms. also for you texas riggers, try the perfect worm hook that Bass pro sells, we have been useing them for several years,and they are really nice to use

Never heard of Triple Fish?? I will have to look into that

Hiya -

I've been using Triple Fish the last couple of years. Started out using their Fluoro for muskie leaders, then their castable fluoro for bass fishing. It's great stuff.

I think I posted this once before, but Lord knows where or when. So here's the scoop on Triple Fish, and Fluoro in general. Pretty much all the Fluorocarbon in the world is made in one of 3 plants, 2 in Japan, and one in Germany. It's a petroleum byproduct that gets used for all sorts of stuff depending on how it's formulated. All the fluoro for the major line companies other than Triple Fish come from Japan. The fluoro is manufactured, then formed into fishing line somewhere else. Triple Fish is manufactured in Germany, and formed into line at the plant, so it skips a step in the mfg process, which helps keep the cost way down. A 200yd spool of 12# is about 10 bucks. Plus it's just good stuff. I FAR prefer it to Trilene Fluoro frankly.

For the record, I'm not on their pro staff or anything...I just like the line and buy it like everyone else.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

Hey, you are not alone with the Iron Silk. It is on my pike gear and my topwater skum frog rod. I use it instead of braid.

Looks like I am the only one using Silver Thread though. confusedconfused

Not the only one.

I use AN40, Super, and Excalibur as well. Most consistent line I've ever used, from first thread down to last loop on spool. Also longest shelf life of line as well that I've used.

I also like Gamma and YoZuri Hybrid as well. Both Gamma and YoZuri are stronger than Silverthread but Gamma has more memory and YoZuri is more stiff.