• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kawi's 750 Brute Force

TUMBLEWEED

Here is what I have learned.

When I brought it in yesterday, the service manager said

he had seen one other new Brute act this way. It was on

a muddy unit with 200 miles on it. On that one, the wiring

connection under the seat, had water in it. His first thought

was that it was operator induced. Not sure if they replaced

the fuel pump on that one or not??

I got a call late yesterday, saying they also found water in

mine?? This is strange, since it never left my garage?? It

was also suppose to come from their warehouse?? I know

the sales guy said he cleaned it up, but these connections

are under the seat??

Also, if these watertight connectors are already failing tucked under the seat, how many are located where they

can come in direct contact with the elements??

On my machine, they had to replace the fuel pump. They

didn't have any replacements on hand either, since they

are on a boat from Japan. They did get approval to pull one off the unit from the show floor. So it is ready to pick

up today if I want it.

The issues you're having are more than likely a couple over-sights from the factory. Nothing major, but very very frustrating.

I remember on Roofer's Prairie 650 that he used to have, there were, I think 3 modules, under the plastic on the right side of the machine just behind the front fender. One of them would cause the lights on the display to flash. Turned out one of those modules wasn't fully seated into the connection. It didn't affect how the machine ran.

A little cussing and swearing, some bloodshed, and a lot of persistance, it was fixed.

Nothing worse than getting a new machine and having issues right away! Makes you nervous about your purchase. The dealer is already trying to play the blame game? I hope they are a good dealer? A bad dealer can make a wheeler purchase a major pain! Hopefully everything will turn out alright.

Yep, it was frustrating with my P650, but it did run fine. The problem was, it was new, we were in the middle of no where, and my gauges didn't work all of a sudden. We had to take apart some of the plastic and it only had a few miles on it. Luckily LEP7MM found the problem rather quick. Pushed to connections together and never had a problem since.

I have read that you should put grease on every electrical connection, but I haven't, and haven't had any problems.

Be glad you were still at home when you had the problem. I hope they fix it up for you.

Strange, now they say they found contaminates in

the tank, that took out the fuel pump. I asked them if this wouldn't mean the whole system was comprimised. The

service manager said that wasn't the case, so I am taking

his word on it??

I also was given a reduction in the 5yr extended warranty.

The dealer looks to do right by this, and I just have to

try and put the early problem behind me. This weekend looks to be a fun filled departure from the "no start blues"!!

Replaced fully by the "Let the good times roll" motto :):)

Did they find anything new today?

Man that bothers me how they finally got that money out of you for the warranty. You may think it's worth it and that's fine, but it bugs me when the dealer's suck money out of people.

Finally made time to get some riding in. No more issues noted

during the eight miles put onto it yesterday afternoon.

Did some ditch riding, a few trips up a gentle hillside,

and a little private trail riding. Without nailing it (have

to wait until 10 hour break-in), I was easily able to

ride down the route at about 38MPH. The thing came set up

kinda soft for my taste. It was leaning a little in the

corners, and felt a little "tippy". I will be firming

up the fully adjustable front and rear independent

suspensions before the weekend's outings.

The thing is a real ditch machine, with a comfortable

ride being set up so soft like it was. The front

differential lock up is also great for going up

any hills you may find in your way, or loading up onto

trailers and trucks.

I have until next week to take them up on the warranty deal.

Probably do it, since I am an electronic repair

guy and not a wrench. Now I am needing some gear totes

to put all my stuff in. Looking to try some of the

hard-sided units for starters. I have an air pump and

tire kit already, as well as a tow strap. What else

is wise to carry along??

Break it in how you are going to ride it. Just don't hold a throttle position too long. The cylinders are nikasyl (sp) lined. There isn't any need for low throttle break in.

For the body roll. It is actually the 2 ply tires rolling over. Aftermarket wheels and tires eliminate that. You have a wider stance and 6 ply tires. All the Kawi's are that way. I'm sure others here with other brands will tell you the same thing.

Go to atvoutfitters and get a set of Bighorns on your choice of wheels. I think they are around $620 for 26" on aluminum wheels. Make sure you let them know you have a 2008 brute force 750. The wheels are different for the 08 750's and there may be limited choices on the wheels.

For the time being, make sure you have your tire kit and pump with you, along with a ratchet, in case you ride harder than normal and break the bead on the tires (unlikely, but could happen).

For a box, I like the hard sided ones. Stuff them with padding and towels (you may need them anyhow).

I've had some soft rack bags and they work nice, but I have had bad luck with the zippers. The only one that has lasted for me is the cabelas rain proof bags.

My dad has one of these but not sure on the year but I think its an '06. I know this would be my next wheeler if I ever got one. I dont know if he has ever had any major problems with his. He does has a blade on it. He told me he got 70 mph out of it so you can scoot right along. I could get 65mph but then I got a few more pounds than my dad. I think that is plenty fast for wheeler. I got to put 80 miles on it one day last fall. I was impressed with the power. and I did notice some body roll but nothing that really concerned me. I love the way the Brute sounds. We never got to drag a moose out yet but I think that wont be a problem. Got decent mileage also but then again I was just running gravel roads that day. I always bring home books on the new wheelers since the Kawasaki dealer is only 2 blocks away. Ones with the nice shiny aluminum rims look real sharp. Might be a couple years for me til I see a new ride in my garage. My sportsman will have to do right now.

Put 55 miles on it this past Saturday. I am satisfied

with it's performance. Got checked by the DNR crew

since it was waiting on tabs. We hit the Soo Line and

an ATV trail up by Isle. Had a blast!! This machine

will go, and I am still only on 1/2 throttle too!

The trails were a little dusty up there.Lots of folks

riding up there for sure.

Going to get the metal skid plates ordered up.Those

plastic ones that came with it stock, are a joke.

Is aluminum enough or should I go with stainless??

I am going aluminum for the skids. Have them coming in from

Ricochet ATV. They were 395.00 for the whole set.

Dropped off the wheeler today for it's 10 hour service,

and to have the winch installed. I also asked them to

check on the steering. It now has some noticable

slop when turning to the left?? Not sure what that

may end up being. I tried another unit sitting out back

in the lot and it is nice and tight?? This after 55 miles

seems a little odd. I will post the results of the

mechanical check up when I go back there tomorrow

and get the word from the shop.

Tie rod ends or steering rod ends. There are lot of reports of loose bolts and nuts on the Kawi's when new. I never had any, except a bolt that holds the heat shield for the exhaust right by your left leg.

Right on the money..loose bolt on the steering.

They stuck me for 376.99 for the first service.

What a rip-off. I am wondering if I should even

get the dang extended warranty if I have to bring

the thing back every flipping 100 hours here and

10 hours here kind of pocket picking and calling

it "maintenence". What do you think. Is the

extended warranty worth it??

I would like to know what dealer stuck you with a $376.99 first service, that way I know what dealer I will NEVER do business with. That is just plain wrong, the first service should have been free with all the problems you have had this far.

That would be the H.P. in Hopkins. They did cut

me a break of 30.00, otherwise it would have been

405.00!!!!!!! The service included crankcase filter/oil

front and rear transfer case oil changes, belt inspection.

and a couple other things. All of which I could have done myself, except the belt thing, which the book calls out

to be done by a Kawi dude. It wasn't very satisfying

to say the least. I have spent maybe that much on

the services for my 2004 Merc Optimax for the last three

years, not ten hours!!!!!!!!! And they threw in the

5 year warranty for free!!

The only thing that a dealer would need to do is a valve check. The rest can easily be done in your garage. Next time, put up a post. I never had a dealer service done on mine and it runs great.