Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Dale Rueber

Kicker Motor Length

I'm thinking about adding a kicker motor to my 17' Sylvan and I have a couple of questions.

1. What length motor do I need? The transom is 22" at the center of the V and about 16" where the motor would go.

2. From the picture below will the steering arm interfere with mounting the kicker on this side of the boat?

100_5218.jpg

Thanks Bass N Spear. Just out of curosity, what does the 20" measurment mean? Is it the distance between the transom mount and the cavitation plate? Some other dimension?

It looks like you may have an issue with the steering arm hitting the kicker .... another potential issue is having enough room between the raised gunnel and the big motor to get the full turning radius out of the kicker. A small set-back mounting plate would cure both of those problems.

And, I concur on the 20" kicker.

A long shaft (20") is what you're after... and you will very likely require the setback as Perchjerker mentioned or you will have significantly reduced steering ability with the kicker, and that's only if you'll clear the steering cable, which I don't think you will.

marinE_man

FunFish, there are 4 outboard shaft standard sizes (here upnorth don't use last one much)

15" Short Shaft

20" Long shaft

25" Extra Long shaft

30" Extra Extra long shaft

Since your motor is a long shaft you will need kicker to be same size or it will not be in water completely,