Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CodyDawg

Hrbek's Book

5 posts in this topic

For you diehard Twinkie fans, I recommend Hrbies book. It wont win any litary awards, but it brings back some great memories of the 2 WS championships as well as gives you an inside look at some stuff. Pretty quick and easy read. It is especially good for this time of the year when everyone still has baseball fever.

Thanks for the info CodyDawg, I had no idea this was out! Now I have something to give my dad for Father's Day! Then I can read it after he's done!

Thanks Cody for the info on Hrbeks book. Im not much of a book reader but couldnt put that one down. Learned alot about people on the team,and the coaches.

I went to High School with Herbie (didn't know him personally) so this would be right in my era. I worked downtown in 87 and went over to the world series parade. Just happened to have my camera so I have pictures of Kirby, Senior Smoke, etc. What great memories!

Ordering the book right now.

Kent outta take me fishing for all the books my post is selling! Seriously though, it was a good, quick read.

I loved the part about locking Bob Casey in the bathroom during the world series. Classic.

Not many ballplayers that the everyday guy can relate to. i think ol' Hrbie was one of them though.