• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hrbek's Book

CodyDawg

For you diehard Twinkie fans, I recommend Hrbies book. It wont win any litary awards, but it brings back some great memories of the 2 WS championships as well as gives you an inside look at some stuff. Pretty quick and easy read. It is especially good for this time of the year when everyone still has baseball fever.

I went to High School with Herbie (didn't know him personally) so this would be right in my era. I worked downtown in 87 and went over to the world series parade. Just happened to have my camera so I have pictures of Kirby, Senior Smoke, etc. What great memories!

Ordering the book right now.

Kent outta take me fishing for all the books my post is selling! Seriously though, it was a good, quick read.

I loved the part about locking Bob Casey in the bathroom during the world series. Classic.

Not many ballplayers that the everyday guy can relate to. i think ol' Hrbie was one of them though.