• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KG

fishin58

Anyone happen to notice the attempted flagrant foul KG tried to put on Lebron last night? Some how that has been swept under the rug. In my opinion it was a blatant cheap shot, but it went un-noticed because Lebron had so much momentum and wasn't thrown off kilter. I have always been a die hard KG fan but that has shown his true character, not willing to step up in the playoffs and now getting cheap. Check the highlight next time you see it, KG arms fully extended (looking to knock Bron Bron out)!

I'm not defending the cheap shot but....IMO KG is trying to send a message to the team, stop playing like the "Feltics" and start playing like the Celtics, play tough on the road too. They clearly aren't playing D away from home. At the same time, Bron is a stud. KG drilled him and it didn't really faze him. I would love to see him in pads catching passes! How would you stop him?

I dunno. Like you say, it didn't throw James off balance because he's so freakishly strong and athletic. A lot of guys defend with their forearms (although its supposed to be a foul defending in this manner unless you are defending a player with his back to the basket and don't want to give up space). I'm not entirely convinced it was a flagrant. I wish they still played tough like the 80's. McHale clotheslining Kurt Rambis, Bill Laimbeer and Robert Parish exchanging punches, Rudy T and Kermit Washington. Now if you look at the other team funny you sit for a few games ever since the Artest melee.

Quote:
not willing to step up in the playoffs

I'd say so far, KG has been the most consistent on the Celts squad. His game 1 performance, he CARRIED the Celtics and put in the go ahead bucket with :21 left.

Nice vid Flaco. Ben Wallace on KG is a huge M&M (MisMatch) so if Doc Rivers can actually do his job and coach these guys and not rip them to the media or fail to get on the big three to motivate them they might still have a chance. Their road troubles are head-scratching.

Yeah, heard Rivers talking about usually calming KG down before games...he said yesterday he just let him get riled up. Garnett is a ball of energy and hopefully they can win game six on the road and get into that Pistons series.

So much for KG posting up, media is tearing him apart with his 7FT PG play. That is the problem with him, he never wanted to get in there in bang. He could take anyone of the laker defenders on the low block. Maybe hes allergic to blocked shots or something.

I don't know how the leagues best rebounder in how many years would be afraid to bang? I just know that he can knock down those 15 footers with the best of them.

His interior post game was never something he zeroed in on.

But that is what they need him for, I think I would rather give it to him low, get that game going until the double team takes it away and then kick it to Pierce or Allen for the 15 footer.