• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gulp Alive

I typically use plastics for panfish, but am looking at possibly purchasing some Gulp Alive to add to my arsenal. I really like the looks of the pearl white minnows. My question is this...Does anyone "soak" their normal plastics in the alive juice? How long can you keep the stuff before it turns bad. I want to see how far I can stretch out the stuff before dropping the hammer on purchasing it. If I can double dip, that would be great. grin

Thanks,

CA

the Linders on the show stated that the gulp alive can sit in the boat all year so you will always have bait with.......now they redip the alive bait in the juice but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to dip other plastics in it also......I know I am going to try some soon..

It says on the side of the container not to dip other plastics in the "gravy". but you can re-dip the "alive" bait back in for a recharge. I tried some of the minnows, they worked alright as long as you keep the bait moving. I then took some of the gravy and dipped a different plastic in it and the red color of the plastive tube started to "bleed" off. So that didn't work to well. although I did dip a regular gulp grub in the gravy and that seemed to work alright.

I use the pearl Gulp minnow all the time with my jig combos. FYI, all Gulp products are not considered plastic and are biodegradable. They will shrink and become hard if you don't keep them in their packaging or in Alive juice. A regular gulp and gulp alive is the same thing. The alive meaning just means it comes with the gulp secret formula juice in a container. Plus it looks somewhat realistic in that little bucket of alive juice.

Regular plastic lures/baits can degrade or possibly change the alive formulation thats why Berkley says to keep it away from other plastics.

I use the pearl Gulp minnow all the time with my jig combos. FYI, all Gulp products are not considered plastic and are biodegradable. They will shrink and become hard if you don't keep them in their packaging or in Alive juice. A regular gulp and gulp alive is the same thing. The alive meaning just means it comes with the gulp secret formula juice in a container. Plus it looks somewhat realistic in that little bucket of alive juice.

Regular plastic lures/baits can degrade or possibly change the alive formulation thats why Berkley says to keep it away from other plastics.

I bought some today and noticed the caution on the side of the package. So since all gulp is the same, I could actually buy many different combinations of gulp and throw them in the alive juice container? Would this be an option, or would I be de-funking the juice?

I am typically not a scent bandwagon jumper, however I am intrigued with this product for some reason. Since I have it now I am going to be doing some more experimenting with it.

Any more tips for using this stuff? Bare hooking it, tipping jigs? What methods do you prefer to fish with it?

I was at Joes Sproting Goods and asked a guy there. He had a Berkley rep there and asked him, and they said you can put all Gulp, bagged or Alive, in the juice and you can mix and match. I guess they will be coming out with a "sampler" collection of Gulp in the Alive jar later this summer.

So, based on that, I am mixing and matching as we speak smile

i havent but might try to take a little glad cup or box thing a take some of the "gravy" out of the gulp alive container and put some in the glad container and see what happens

i havent but might try to take a little glad cup or box thing a take some of the "gravy" out of the gulp alive container and put some in the glad container and see what happens

You gotta love a little science experiment... Hopefully you don't blow up the lab. grin Who knows what's in that mystery "gravy"

If the stuff screws up non-Gulp plastics maybe it will screw up a plastic container. I read something on FM about Gulp having a problem with their containers. I'm not sure that I would experiment with the wife's tupperware. Maybe an old glass jar is a better solution.

That secret juice will eat thru your hands if you leave it on too long. I hate reaching in the bucket because it gets on my fingers and then by the end of the day my fingers are all cut up and dry... thats juice is some crazy stuff.