Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PT73

LCD Screen Cleaning

10 posts in this topic

Can anyone suggest a solution, homemade or in stores that can clean LCDs safely?. Been reading a 50/50 water to isopropyl alcohol is the way I might want to go.

I would try just water first. I know that sometimes alcohol can haze plastic. If you do use the solution, I would cut the alcohol more than that.

Any electronic store has cleaning solution for LCD screens. Also, use a very soft cloth like you would use on your glasses.

I know that Monster makes a solution. They have it at Best Buy. It's like $30 for a small bottle though.

I'D BE CAREFUL USEING ANYTHING BUT WATER. MY NEPHEW RUINED IS SCREEN USEING A WINDOW CLEANER

Wal-mart has micro-fiber cloths for cleaning PC LCD screens. I would use those. They are washable and not very spendy. I've had good luck using these on my M68C.

Use the towel that comes with the unit.

No water or solution needed.

I use about 10% white vinegar in the Windex along with the micro fiber towels that have been mentioned. Been doing this for 5 years with no damage to the screen or the plastic. The vinegar cuts through the hard water stains very nicely.

Lowrance says mild soap and water. I use my glasses cleaning kit when on the lake.