Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dooley87

what a waste!

11 posts in this topic

i just got a letter in the mail explaining to me when i will get my stimulus check and how much the check will be.

am i the only one that got upset at this letter, i all ready recieved my check direct deposit and you have to be living under a rock if you didn't know about it, what an extreme waste of money and resources to send out these letters, i love this country but the people who run it scare me sometimes

Gotta keep the US postal service in the bucks.Which in turn keeps the oil companies in the BIG bucks.

i just got a letter in the mail explaining to me when i will get my stimulus check and how much the check will be.

am i the only one that got upset at this letter, i all ready recieved my check direct deposit and you have to be living under a rock if you didn't know about it, what an extreme waste of money and resources to send out these letters, i love this country but the people who run it scare me sometimes

what surprises me is that you all are surprised that the federal gov wastes money. the REAL shocker would be if they were good stewards of the taxpayer dollars

Yea, I got mine this weekend and already had my money deposted for me the week before. Just more govt wasting. I'm sure that's Bush's fault as well. I really don't get it, I'm sure they say they don't have enought people working or some junk like that so they just send it to everyone.

There were at least 2 letters, possibly 3 that were mailed out regarding the tax rebate.

The first one I received was about the rebate and who qualified to get the rebate. I basically understood the letter to be an encouragement to file your taxes this year. No tax return filed = no rebate.

The second one told me how much I was expected to get.

The third told me when to expect to receive the letter.

I wonder how many people who haven't been filing taxes, filed this year just to get he rebate. Hmmmm...

Quote:
what surprises me is that you all are surprised that the federal gov wastes money. the REAL shocker would be if they were good stewards of the taxpayer dollars

Exactly....the problem we have with govt is they think stuff like that is a good idea. But what the hey it ain't coming out of their pockets. Isn't this why we have the news media? Wise use of resources would save huge $$$ but then it wouldn't be our govt would it?

There were quite a few people who filed as "economic stimulus" filers this year that haven't had to file for a couple of years. Most of them are retired and living off of social security or other pensions. They all contacted our office after the first letter went out.

THose letters are meaningless, especially with all the news stories that have been done on the checks. If you've missed the news stories, you probably don't have a t.v. and don't know what's going on in Iraq.

There were at least 2 letters, possibly 3 that were mailed out regarding the tax rebate.

The first one I received was about the rebate and who qualified to get the rebate. I basically understood the letter to be an encouragement to file your taxes this year. No tax return filed = no rebate.

The second one told me how much I was expected to get.

The third told me when to expect to receive the letter.

I wonder how many people who haven't been filing taxes, filed this year just to get he rebate. Hmmmm...

then you have to get a fourth letter with congratulations on getting YOUR own money back. then there will be a fifth one encouraging you to spend it. and the sixth one will be asking if you did spend it, ect ect ect. Sounds outrageous? not in this particular time period

I can almost guarantee you that the letters HAD to go out for legal purposes. Just becuase everyone here is in the know on every imaginable topic that doesn't mean every American citizen is. I am in charge of all communications for my company and this is the type of thing I need to do all the time. It might seem stupid and like a waste of money but you basically need to assume your audience knows nothing and is completely ignorant on the topic so you need to inform them in mulitple differnt ways to ensure that everyone recieves the message. Basically I am sure this was done to just cover their behinds, there is now a paper trail for every single tax payer recieving a stimulus check that can be track and looked back upon if someone claims they did not receive it or was not informed about it. Just another by product of our litigation happy society.

Sometimes its amazing the hoops you need to jump through and the money you need to waste to cover yourself against potential lawsuits.