• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shrub article...thoughts???

Couldn't agree with it more if I wrote it myself, except for one thing. He's good, but I'm not sure its a foregone conclusion he'll win a Cup championship. There are lots of guys who are good enough to win one (and he's probably in that group), but to say its a sure thing for anyone is nuts. There are just far too many variables over time.

Even though I compared him with Dale Sr. last week. Dale was much more sly with his arrogance. And yes very much more adult.I defended his driving style last week, and I still do!

But can't defend his middle finger and junior high attitude.

Nascar on the other hand must LOVE IT! This has got to be good for ratings.

Too much whining and overexamining comments in NASCAR. The whole sport is overly sensitive to a fault.

Gary Sheffield says way worse things than Busch and people forget about everything the next week.

The Nascar crowd as a whole needs to toughen up a little bit.

I think I like Rowdy now.

Harvey, I'll just attribute that comment to the fact that you posted it at 1:30 am, and you were overly tired and not thinking clearly. We know you really didn't mean it. Hehe. gringringrin

Too much whining and overexamining comments in NASCAR. The whole sport is overly sensitive to a fault.

Gary Sheffield says way worse things than Busch and people forget about everything the next week.

The Nascar crowd as a whole needs to toughen up a little bit.

If you look at the ratio of baseball players to Cup drivers, there are more fans per driver than baseball player. The stupid comments made by baseball players can also be attributed to whatever substance they claim they are not on.grin

I think this was a great article. I don't see anyone throwing punches over what Kyle does. However a time will come when Kyle messes with the wrong driver and he will get punted in to the wall. I think Kyle is a talented driver. It is hard for me to say that for the simple fact is I can't stand the kid. I think his success at a young age has went right to his head. I think his speak before he thinks attitude will get him into enought trouble on the track. I think he is going to get his on the track. Heck maybe Jr paid his driver to wreck him for the Richmond thing. To many people paying to close attention for Jr to do it so why not get him with his nationwide car? Kyle should take his lucky stars that Jr is not like his father. I don't think Dale Sr would have tolerated the Richmond race at all and pay back would come reguardless of the rules and fines. Kyle, enjoy your success as with all streaks they do end. You better hope it is not during the chase! Your day will come!

I highly doubt you will see any so called "payback". Jr knows the difference between intentional and un-intentional, unlike some on this board

You may be right. Jr is such a cleaner racer and also not near the loudmouth that other fool is.

What I see is a very young, extremely talented driver who has yet to learn the word "patience." No doubt this kid can drive the wheels off the car and do it well, but he puts his car/himself in positions that are extremely risky, and in many instances, ends up causing a wreck of some kind.

He definitely does not know while speaking that enough is enough...that is inexperience and immaturity. Not unlike a Kevin Harvick a few years ago, or Kurt Busch for that matter with his friend Jimmy Spencer.

That article, I thought, was about as "spot on" as it could get...

This kid will win a championship someday...he's got more talent on the track than most of the drivers out there right now. He just doesn't have the patience to allow things to come to him, and that is what makes him not championship material yet...

Give him a few years and he'll be on top... Hopefully his mouth will settle down...

Steve