• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Universal Sonar Messing up my T/M?

HugoBox

We use a Minnkota 24 volt 80LB thrust bowmount that has the Co-Pilot and universal sonar deal so our X-75 on the bow is polugged into the T/M. I had trouble this weekend. The motor either wouldn't turn at all (only speed controls worked) or it would do the crazy 360 degree spin. First I put a new battery in the remote for the co-pilot but same problem. Then I hooked up the foot control directly but same problem. I then disconnected the tranducer cable from the X-75 to the T/M and it seemed to work right. For now I'm going to put a tranducer bracket back on the motor and run the dpeth finder the old fashioned way, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Also, where in the metro do you bring Minnkotas?

thanks - erik

Not sure about the problem, but Jack from ActionFishing in Anoka is a whiz at all Minn Kota problems. I believe he has since moved to MPLS but I think you can get his phone number from Actionfishing in anoka.

BTW HugoBox, it is a 74# model not 80#, but it is definitely only a problem when the locator is plugged into the US, or from what I can tell. Stinks... I love MK when they work, but after having about, what Erik, 5 or so of them... they just break down a lot. I'll look for that Jack's number too. Thanks guys.