• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

broken st.. croix rods

jeff91082

Question

I have a coupele of St. Croix premiere spinning rods. I was told that you can send them to St. Croix and they will replace them. Any ideas if this is true and how to go about doing this?? I also have a G-Loomis that is broken and heard you can do the same with them.

6 answers to this question

I think the Premiers have a 2 yr warranty, where you can send them back for repair or replacement. The Avids and above, have the lifetime warranty. They may still repair or replace them for a fee, but you will have to call them. Their number is on their HSOforum.

Also, you may have had to register your rod. How old are your poles?

I think all the Loomis rods have a lifetime warranty. Check out their respective websites for all of the details.

This is from the St. Croix web page...

SILVER STAR SERVICE PLAN

The fact that you’re reading this probably means you’ve got a damaged rod. Rest assured that our goal is to get you fishing with it again as soon as possible. Now, if you’re convinced that our error led to its demise and you know the warranty has not expired, then our Silver Star Plan is your best solution. Here’s how it works.

1. Write a note explaining the problem. Send the note, a check for $20* and your entire rod to St. Croix. We suggest using our Discount Shipping Program, which is described elsewhere on this page.

2. If your rod was damaged due to faulty workmanship, then of course we will cover the cost of the repair or replacement during the warranty period.

3. However, if evidence indicates that the damage is due to an accident, normal wear or neglect, then we’ll advise you of the additional cost to repair or replace your rod.

* The $20 charge applies to USA and Canadian customers, only. The charge for shipments to all other countries is $30.

GOLD STAR SERVICE PLAN

Ahh..but what if you’re not registered as the original owner of the rod. Or your buddy stepped on your rod, or slammed it in a car door, or worse yet, used it to free a snag. No worries. St. Croix’s Gold Star Plan eliminates the uncertainty of a dubious warranty claim. Here’s what to do.

1. Return your damaged rod to St. Croix. Use our Discount Shipping Program to save money.

2. Include a note requesting our Gold Star Service, along with a check for $50 to cover the repair or replacement of your rod. Our Technician will determine whether to repair or replace your rod keeping in mind we’ll only repair it if we can make it perform like new.

3. That’s all there is to it. And there’s no additional s&h charge for customers in the USA. Canadian customers must pay an additional $20 for s&h, and all other International customers must pay an additional $30 for s&h.