• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Goldfinch with greenery.

I really didn't need another goldfinch. However, this is my first one with greenery. It's probably also my favorite. I know I promised no more orioles, but this one is a bit unique. I didn't even realize it was an oriole, when I first looked at it on my PC. But then, I couldn't remember taking a photo of anything else similar. It has such a yellow breast. I did no saturating on this photo. I think she's quite a looker.

2484667911_c6f7d511d5_o.jpg

2484664577_0c436dc7cd_o.jpg

Mike,

You can never have too many goldfinches and orioles. Great shots. I had similar thoughts this weekend. I quit taking photos of goldfinches for a while as I felt like I already had enough. I thought about it and decided that the next one might just be the best one. Since they are so abundant right now, just keep snapping.

Thanks, guys.

Buzz, I reopened my raw file and it shows just a very tiny piece of blowout, maybe 1/4 size my smallest fingernail, if that. I could open the raw file on my desktop and see if it shows any different. The tiny bit that was blown, was recovered during the raw processing.

Glad to hear your shooting RAW. grin Most people think blown usually happens in the "whites" but I've blown colors in a variety of colors... sometimes desat helps as well to try and get back some of those details.