• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Give grilling a chance. soak duck breasts in western dressing overnight with apple smoked bacon around each breast. The next day microwave duck breast for 5 minutes then grill to your satisfaction.

It's not baking, but if you have a lot of it, you could always get it processed into Thuringer(summer sausage). My neighbor pooled his and a bunch of buddies together to do this, along with goose, and it is downright good!

Breast down in roaster , then pour in orange juice till the bird is 3/4 covered then add one can 7 up and bake at 325 for about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs . This was from an old timer , now deceased friend of mine . YUM YUM

The roaster is the old dark blue with white specks on it . Also , use the roaster lid .

As far as ducks on Swan , Ive seen more nesting this year than past years . I'm not sure why ?

next year i will be going to msu and we have a duck shack on swan so hopefully will be able to get around a little more than the recent years. I also was just wondering how the waterfowl population is doing down there. Thanks for the info and ill give your recipe a shot.