• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Xbox 360 or Plastation 3

D4 Army

More interested in the types of games. playstation in the past has had a lot more RPG's compared to Xbox which is what I really like but I liked the Xbox system better. Plus they also have Halo. so I'm not sure which one to get.

My son is on XBox number 3. This thing is a bigger pile of junk than a Yugo. mad

There's been plenty of issues with both.

I'm sure this thread will turn into Ford vs Chevy.

My suggestion would be to think about what you want in a gaming system.

There are only a select few games that are platform specific anymore, so keep that in mind. Most games will be on all platforms.

Also don't think that the BluRay player is the end all for HD movies. It's a great option currently, but it's probably more of a holdover to digitally delivered media.

I chose the 360 because in the end it was the better fit for me.

I bought a release version and haven't had an issues yet.

Good Luck, you'll be happy with either one of them.

Yep, the 360 is a piece of junk, and the PS3 is ridiculously overpriced. Hate to say it, but I live in a small town and the PS3's price is equivelent to a 1 month mortgage payment here. go play a Wii, you won't regret it, and I bet you'd buy one after playing it. They are a blast. My buddy is on his 3rd 360, the first two having the red rings of death.

i have an xbox 360 and i love it. i can play Call of Duty 4 online all day and night. If it breaks you just send it tin the microsoft and they will fix it for free and have it back to you in 1-2 weeks. much better than ps3, more game selection and plenty of RPG's

i have an xbox 360 and i love it. i can play Call of Duty 4 online all day and night. If it breaks you just send it tin the microsoft and they will fix it for free and have it back to you in 1-2 weeks. much better than ps3, more game selection and plenty of RPG's

They replace it for free- FOR NOW. Once your warranty is up, good luck. Has yours broke yet, Fisher? I am just curious is all.

with a 3 year warranty im not too concerned. there are downsides to all systems. the wii is less than stellar graphics which are equal to maybe a ps2, very poor online gaming with no headset and no downloadable upgrades for games like guitar hero etc, and no hard drive. i have a wii and 360 and i like them both for what they are. the 360 is the best of the 3 for online gaming imo, and like dtro said, there arent going to be a lot of games that arent released on both the ps3 and 360, but a lot of those games cant be released on the wii because of its shortcomings in the hardware department.

Nintendos new to the online thing, but they now have it, and it will only improve. The prior system- Gamecube didn't offer it, while the original Xbox and the PS2 have had it for awhile. Something like that takes time to develop. One thing I do like about the Wii is the ability to download OLD games, I am 33 and think it's fun I can play the original Donkey Kong and Super Mario on my current system. I had a 360 and sold it.

90 % of the games for wii's virtual console are games that i would never play or that i have on systems that take 3 minutes to plug in so i dont pay $5 to $12 to download, and 360 also has downloadable old games also as well as newly created arcade type games. being new to the online thing is fine, but ninty didnt give the wii the capability to be really good at it. this is going to be their test run then maybe they will get better on the next new system. like i said, i like them both for what they are good at, so think about what you want before you buy.

yeah zamboni, mine has broken once. I sent it in, microsoft replaced it for free, and i got it back in 2 weeks tops. right now, microsoft is replacing/fixing any broken ones for free because there was a bug in the first ones that came out. not sure how long they'll be replacing them, though.

My sons Xbox360 has yet to make it longer than six months before the red ring of death. Getting the extended warrenty through Best Buy is a waste as they only let you return it ONCE! Then they make you buy another warrenty.

I went with ps3, mainly for the blueray player. HD dvd is dead. Every place is clearancing the HD dvd's out. PS3 is actually one of the best blue ray players out there and it upconverts regular dvd's better than most upconverters do. I had a problem with my ps3, but I bought it used from hsolist. Sony said they could have it fixed and sent back within 5 days. I have to call them today to have them send me my free return shipping box!

90 % of the games for wii's virtual console are games that i would never play or that i have on systems that take 3 minutes to plug in so i dont pay $5 to $12 to download, and 360 also has downloadable old games also as well as newly created arcade type games. being new to the online thing is fine, but ninty didnt give the wii the capability to be really good at it. this is going to be their test run then maybe they will get better on the next new system. like i said, i like them both for what they are good at, so think about what you want before you buy.

There's a reason why the Wii is the most popular of the three consols, if you try it I'm sure you'll fall in love with it.

Wii is fun as h@ll! I brought mine over to my parents right after launch date for thanksgiving. After a few hours my dad told everyone that all he wants for Christmas is best buy gift cards so he can buy a wii.

It just doesn't have all the gaming capabilities that I want for a FT gaming system (graphics). There are a lot of games that are really tough to play on the wii if you're used to playing a similar type of game on ps or xbox. (there's alot of games for the wii that they put out, where the controls kinda suck!)

In a summary, the wii has it's place for some really fun games, just not all of them. I would do a google search for whatever game you're interested in and type in..... (whatever game) wii review. Or rent it b4 buying.

Whatever the case is, it is a fun system!

I had a Wii for a couple of weeks just to see the hype. I wasn't impressed.

To me it was like the difference between fishing with a 20 dollar combo and a 100 dollar combo.

You can still have fun with that starter combo, but the refinement just isn't there. The graphics were bad, the controls were clunky, and the online gaming wasn't there.

The Wii is good at pleasing it's target audience. As someone who appreciates the evolution of gaming, I like the fact they tried something different, but it still needs a lot of work.

I have a PS3 80GB and I'm amazed at what it can do. The only downfall that I can see is that it is basically REQUIRED that you have to have it hooked up to the internet to get all the updates, even for some of the blue-ray discs. I've had mine freeze up about 3 times in 6 months while playing COD4 usually when I'm online and it's loading up a new game map. The blue-ray movies are outstanding, and the game graphics are tough to beat. I've heard that game makers are only begining to utilize all the capabilites of the system. One of my buddies has a Wii and it makes me want to break out the old NES for some nostalgic gaming like zelda and super mario bros. You can download all the originals on the wii. I'm very happy with the PS3 but havent tried the Xbox yet.

The main reason that I don't like Xbox is that I can't stand the controllers. Especially the original xbox controller. You needed gorilla hands to use that thing.

I would also rather support Sony, who always makes a quality product IMO, than Microsoft.

With out any doubt a PS3! Think of it like this. A bluray disc can hold 50 GIG while a HD disc is less than half that. Thus the PS3 games has more room for data/code. More data/code = better graphics, better game play, better sound and bluray movies! Xbox doesn't have any of these. I've played both, but I buy SONY.

Plus - PS3 has firmware updates. Last month they added more functionality for the bluray player. Oh this is for free to. Online gaming is free. Plain and simple it's a much better product. Also the bowling game for $9.99 - you need to swing the controller like a Wii. The Wii won't have as many games as Sony will. Just wait - a lot of great releases are coming out soon, such as the Metal Gear Solid 4 which is PS3 only and I predict it will be the game of the year, but I dunno how that works since it's only Sony.

My buddies xbox 360 broke 3 times and he gets refurbished ones in return and it wasn't 2 weeks - more like 4. PS3 has froze on me 4 times in 6 months. I reboot and I'm back online. It's also good for regular DVD's and upscales what it can. For Xbox you need to buy a HD-DVD player. And we all know what happened to HD media. It's yesterday's news. This is Sony's world and we're all just gameing in it. Oh yeah, my buddy with the xbox bought a PS3.

That's my .02 but it's your call. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Like I said, it’s a Ford Chevy deal. Everyone wants to justify their purchase. Both systems have their ups and downs. I learned a long time ago not to even bother when people say “this sux” or “that sux”. That just tells me they are biased.

I will say this though. When it comes to the online part of it, the Xbox wins hands down. They have been in the game a lot longer and offer a very good product. Yes, you have to pay for it, but as most good things in life, this is no different.

Also the latest version of the controller is the best controller I’ve ever had and I’ve had pretty much every console since the Atari.

Like I said earlier, the Blu Ray is a nice bonus, but not much more than a bridge to digitally delivered media. It won’t be long, and we will have libraries of HD movies just by pressing a button on our remote.

One other thing that I don’t care for about Sony is that they love to create proprietary products and jack up the price (think memory stick). That’s fine, but I like to have other options. That’s just a general statement about Sonly, as with most consoles, the accessories are mostly proprietary anyways. Microsoft finally got smart and starting using USB ports on the 360.

Each generation of consoles has had its winner.

Atari

Nintendo

PS1 (Although Genesis was a very good system)

PS2

I think we will look back at the numbers in the future and the 360 will be the clear winner of this latest generation.