Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul

Blue WInged Teal

8 posts in this topic

I spent at least an hour in my sibley bird book trying to figure out just exactally what these guys are. the closest I can come up with is a Bufflehead, maybe a hybrid of some sort. I thought young Canadien goos at first but the white on the head is coming from the top not the bottom. Anyway here are some images I snapped while in the boat fishing today.

BLUE winged Teal is the newest possibilitie

BuffleHead-maybe.jpg

Bufflehead-maybe-2.jpg

bufflehead-maybe-1.jpg

Paul, I believe that these are Blue-Winged Teal ducks. Nice pics!

HuntfishSd, I compared the 2 and I will go with your guess. Not exactally as my book shows but close enough. Thanks.

paul, those ducks are blue wing teal. the drake is in full plumage so that is why they look so pretty. very nice pictures

Not a problem... I have seen a ton of them over my way this year and they are really pretty birds...

Yep, definitely blue wings.The second and third shots are very nice.

The only thing I don't care for on the last shot is the fact that my focus point only hit one duck so the female is a little out of wack. but hey not bad bouncing around in my boat.